CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATuttleTime's Fabulous and Amazing Followers!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hula Birthday Card

My niece had a Hula Bday Party the other day, so I took advantage of my newly acquired (won on  a blog hop) Luau Cricut cartridge.  I had a lot of fun with this card.  For the hula girl, it was like putting together a puzzle.  Basically, the cartridge has two options.  One for cutting the entire girl out and another option is to cut her arms, legs (skin).  I ended up cutting out 4 times...to get various colors.  I used plain white as the base, then a turquoise blue (to match the aloha print paper), then a beige for the skin, and black for the hair.  I am sure there was probably a simpler less cut way of doing this...but I was in too much of a hurry to think that logically.  LOL!  Nevertheless, I like how it turned out!


I cut out a 4 x 12 strip of paper and then scored it at 4in and 8in to make two flaps for a bi-fold card.  On the first inside flap, I added the same turquoise paper with a few cut outs that came with the aloha paper pack.  


 I love the way the blues all tied together...
Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of the inside of the card.  For the inside, I cut out the word "aloha" in 2 1/2 inches using the same Luau cartridge.  I used gold Martha Stewart Glitter to make the word BLING.  Then, I added a little "pocket" using a scrap of the aloha paper just the right size for some money..the best gift for a teen.  I like this card so much...I plan to make several more. :) 

Hope you are enjoying some fun in the sun! 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This is a cute card, I like the colors. I am now a follower. :)

Check out my new craft blog, Made Especially For You. It's still in the early stages but I promise it'll get better! :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com