CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATuttleTime's Fabulous and Amazing Followers!

Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm a Guest Blogger...

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Jennifer from Crafty Card Gallery asked that I fill in as a guest blogger this week while she is out enjoying some time away!  I am a bit intimidated by taking on this task, because I am so new to card making and so many of you are absolutely fabulous at it...I just started making cards this year, in fact.  Before, my cards looked like something my 3yr old would make, maybe even worse.  LOL!...something kind of like this...

Thankfully, I am fairly creative and a fast learner, so I've graduated a bit to create cards that look a little better than my 3yr old made. :)    Since I am tasked with blogging all week, I decided to challenge myself to make cards using new techniques that I have never tried...which is most of what I found on youtube and other blogs.  My latest creations were inspired by the wonderful Mary from CardzTV.  I just love her blog, because I really learn best by video....check her out, if you haven't before!  Anyway, on to my latest creations...

I have seen Z-fold Cards before, but I didn't really get the point of them.  Watching the video really helped me see the interactive quality and coolness of these types of cards.  Now, I think I am hooked.  I made a couple of them this past weekend...If you also need some instructions on how to make a Z-fold (or S-fold), check out CardzTV

This one will be an inspirational/encouragement card for my grandfather, who just found out he has cancer....I just love the colors.  I used a brown and cream swirl paper on white...
Then, I found some really nice sky blue paper that I just love and must get more of next time I'm at Michael's.  I only had one piece!  It looks just like the sky and happens to be my favorite color.  I punched a small yellow circle for the sun and added some glitter to it, so it really shines like the sun.  I used the palm tree from my favorite Hula girl stamp set from Stampin Up and cut it with my Bumble Bee scissors...I colored the tree using watercolor pencils and markers and added some pop dots.  I am going to print off a Bible verse and write up some encouraging words to go on the inside.

This cute and colorful...overly embellished card (on purpose)...is for my 7yr old niece, Brianna.  I think she will love these bright colors....I simply adore the little butterfly and turtle that I cut from my favorite Cricut cartridge, Create a Critter....

The main feature of a Z-fold card is that the outside shape (rectangle or square) or character should also have the same shape and size go on the inside.  It can sometimes be difficult to ensure they overlap properly.  The easiest way I've found to line them both up is to first put down the inside shape...center it, as needed.  Then, line up the one on top.  Once you do that, it's a breeze.

I just love Z-fold cards, now...Hope you do, too!  Until tomorrow... Angie

No comments: