CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATuttleTime's Fabulous and Amazing Followers!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beading....

Another craft I have really enjoyed is beading...I am still in the process of honing my skills and improving my techniques, always in learning mode.  For gifts, I try to make the ladies in my family something.  This year, I asked my sisters what they wanted for Christmas.  My sis, Lynn, was very specific...which I love (since she is a diva and only loves the best! LOL!).  She sent me a link to this necklace...
This is a designer piece and other pieces like it list at over $100 or so.  Overstock.com listed it at just around $50.  When I saw it, I thought, "I can make that for less than that!"  Well, I scoured bead stores around town to find the beads in this necklace...Much to my dismay, I could not find the pendant anywhere...so it must be a unique piece.  Did that stop me?  No.  I found some beads that were similar...and this is what I came up with....

 I wish I would have been able to get a better photo of the necklace to show the details of the beads.  This is not a shirt my sister would normally wear with this, either.  Oh well...I was very pleased with the beads I found...However, I was not happy with the first pendant I chose.  Despite what many had said, I just didn't think it was perfect.  When I gave it to my sister, I asked for her to be honest with me...She and I agreed.  It had to go.  As a result, I found this blue rose at Michael's.  It tied the pearl and the turquoise/silver beads perfectly together.  I am so happy with how the necklace turned out.  It's by far the nicest piece I've made.  I even think I pleased Mrs. Diva, too. :)) (love you Lynn!)
 

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Great job!!! I love it. Though I'm not a necklace wearer. I love bracelets of any kind!!!

http://www.margotpotter.com/
Check out the above website....you may like it

Hugs
Crystal

Cricutting Wendy said...

That necklace rocks!! Just wanted to come by and thank you fro commenting on my project!!