CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATuttleTime's Fabulous and Amazing Followers!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wild about Wild Card

I purchased this cartridge about 8months ago....
I recently discovered it in our laundry room.  Don't ask me how it flew in there, but I have a feeling the Owl been galavanting around the house with my 2yr old...  Who knows??!  Anyway, I am so glad I found it.  I am absolutely WILD about this cartridge.  Inspired by my Cricut-loving Facebook friends, I decided to make all my Christmas thank-you cards.  See below for my earlier set of cards.  I hope to make many more cards using the Wild Card cartridge.  This Owl Card is by far my favorite one.  It's probably the coolest card I've ever made...
The owl opens up and is the card.  The tree scenery is the envelope.  When you close up the envelope, it reveals the shape of a tree...There is also another tree that can be made and added to the front of the envelope!  I used light blue glitter cardstock for the sky.  Assembling this card was like putting together a puzzle.  I also cut a little tree to embellish the front of the Envelope.
Next is a card with a botanical garden-feel to it.  I used a grey as soothing background to the tree branch.  It was fun to hit a button and minutes later see this all come out...
I used a burgundy pink for the envelope, which has a sweet little cut of the branch on it's back flap.  I put an ornate frame (also part of the cartridge) on the address side of the envelope.
This house one was another fun one to put together.  I matched the house colors of this house with the colors from the card recipient's house...

I love the little door flap.  My plan is to type out and print from the computer, "Thanks for Opening your home."  Inside the house is space for me to write out my thank you note.  I am looking forward to mailing these out and hope the recipients of these cards will be pleased to get them, too....

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Three words!!! You go Girl!!!
Hugs!!!

Carol's Place said...

I love that cartridge and what you have done, I am going to have to get that one, I am following you now:) Happy crafting!!!
www.cardstockscissorsandglue.blogspot.com
Thanks for being a follower!!