CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATuttleTime's Fabulous and Amazing Followers!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rocker Girl Birthday Card

Crafty Sprouts is holding an "Are you Ready to Rock" challenge, which ends in 8 mins. I made this card last night and rushed to take a few photos of the card on my way out the door this morning with my iPod.  I am sorry for the poor quality of the photo, but I am ready to post this challenge! :)  Here is my submission:

"Hope your birthday ROCKED!" Easel card
This is the way the card would look just out of the envelope.  The "Rocker" girl was drawn by an awesome friend from my church...Anndrea Ours.  All I did was ask if she could draw a picture of a rocker girl, and she jumped on it!  I think it turned out amazing...I wish I would have had time to take more photos of the actual artwork, but my iPod camera isn't the best at close up. 
This girl looks like she is about to rock out on stage!  She has purple highlights.  She's rockin' purple boots blinged out in purple Stickles.  Boy, did I have fun with the Stickles!...the fringe of her skirt, eye and lip makeup...even her rockin' guitar is covered in "black diamond" stickles.  (Stickles are my fave!)  Found some cool paper from Archiver's with guitars on one side and a faded, distressed design on the other.  It just worked well with a card like this. 
Again, I apologize for the iPod quality of the shot, but this is a photo of the easel card from the side.  Many thanks to Splitcoast Stampers for the video on how to make this cool card.  I love the way the easel card stands up.  This card is for my son's stepsis, Peyton.  I hope she loves it!!!  Well, I am 3mins late for the challenge....until later!

Oh...one more thing...
this weekend, I am in a blog hop...Hope you can stop by!
Happy Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome card, you did a great job! :)

Blog candy at my place!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

lorby said...

Great card! You and your friend are very talented. You two should go into business together. She can draw the pictures and you can make the cards. : )